Search for atmospheres
Soundscape of a medieval city in the Abbasid caliphate.
Medieval Middle Eastern City
Developed for a university level course on daily life in the Islamic Middle Ages, this soundscape is meant to go with a slide show and discussion of urban life to give the sense of what it would sound like to walk through a city like Baghdad, Cairo, or Damascus around 1000 AD - including a market, animal noises, horse/donkeys passing by, public fountains, and the adhan (Islamic call to prayer) issuing from multiple mosques at the same time.
Comments for "Medieval Middle Eastern City"
License details for "Medieval Middle Eastern City"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Competing Adhans by 3bagre and volvieri from http://freesound.org +)
- Chopping Wood by dheming from http://www.freesound.org +)
- horse trap by LukeIRL from freesound.org +)
- Animal Market in Jaffa by raffa from http://freesound.org +)
- Arab Market by Raman Coco from http://freesound.org +)
- Small Crowd Chatter by snakebarney from http://freesound.org +)
- fountain by Tritus from freesound.org +)
- birds ambience by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license