Search for atmospheres
The City In-between
The Twelfth Gate
The Inbetween lies on a small, small plane at the meeting of the other 11. It is the pinnacle of all the societies. It is a metropolis profiting from the culture of a thousand worlds. It is a city larger than some countries, spanning the entirely of the plane and spilling over into some of the other planes.
At the twelve farthest edges of the city there lie gates. These gates are ancient, yet beyond the machinery of any realm known to any race. Each gate whirs with energy and can take a traveller through to its corresponding plane.
The first leads to the Material Plane, the next to the Feywild, then the next six to elemental planes. The ninth leads to the Plane of Columns and Carvings, the tenth to the Plane of Beasts, and the eleventh to the Plane of Crystal Souls.
The Twelfth Gate leads to an enigma that baffles even the finest scientists in the Inbetween. The Twelfth Gate produces a new world every day at dawn and consumes whatever is left behind in its wake. Nothing that leaves the gate ever survives the daybreak, and no one that stays there after the gate closes at sundown is ever heard from again.
Comments for "The Twelfth Gate"
License details for "The Twelfth Gate"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Inside the TARDIS by BBC Doctor Who +)
- Futuristic Engine by freesound.org +)
- Leaves by freesound.org +)
- Breath of death by Gabe Miller from http://freesound.org +)
- Ward_Kids by Pans Labyrinth.All credit is given to the songs original composer.No copyright infringement intended +)
- Large Tibetan Bowl 1 Strike by Pbear8118 +)
- bowl gamelan drone by thatjeffcarter +)
- Meadow Rains and Thunder by Yuval from http://freesound.org +)